Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Christmas Table

I looked back over photos and Digella menus of Christmas past with a smile on my face and a content feeling in my heart about what Christmas means to me and how lucky I am to have been brought up in a family which embraces the festive season including Santa and Jesus. When you are living through the day it does not mean anywhere near as much as it does when you look back and see how much everyone has grown, notice the absence of the ones now gone and realise the absence of the ones still to come. I love photos for that.

When I began telling people I would be spending Christmas day basically alone they started to worry, offer invitations to lunch and looked at me with what I think was sorrow in their eyes.

However I couldn’t feel happier this year!

This year for the first year in my life I am not hosting or attending a Christmas Lunch.
I am not going to have that mountainous colour of wrapping paper as nieces and nephews rip through far too many presents.
There will not be a bulging tummy from too much food.
The absence of screaming kids. Ahhh the serenity!

So what will my day bring?

Wake up well rested.
A short drive to see my little girl and her daddy open some presents.
Christmas Morning service at my church.
A relaxed read of my new book (which is a present I have wrapped under my tree for myself)
And hopefully a lovely indulgent evening with my beloved, a bottle or two of French champagne, dished up with only selfish thoughts and actions. I love you my honey xox

BLISS!

Boxing day brings a totally different story.
Chaos imminent!
Will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Happy Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Digella, you have a great Christmas. Your plans for the day sound relaxing and perfect, I expecially like the book and champagne plan.
    Happy Christmas
    Ang xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year Digella. I look forward to your postings in 2010 :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from everyone. Thank you so much!