Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday's Winedown

I was reading a post this morning over at new Lily G about furniture moving and the requirement of wine, Cloudy Bay no less and it got me thinking.
I miss wine!
It's not that I dont drink. I just dont drink as much or as often.
It has inspired me to document my favourite choices as a kind of list for my birthday requirements next week.

In no particular order we have:
 
Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc

2009 Limited Supply Vintage is out and I am going to snap myself up a couple of bottles. In years gone by I have been known to spend hours on the phone tracking down cases for Boss' Christmas events.



Astrolabe Sauvignon Blanc

Supplied in constant and often huge supply at Urbane/Euro/The Laneway I have converted many friends to this.




Babich Black Label Sauvignon Blanc

I love New Zealand wines and have been extremely lucky enough to have met most of these winemakers and had the opportunity to understand more about growing, making and selling of wine throughout the world. Most memorable was the history and passion these winemakers have and their fantastic stories.


Mr and Mrs Joe and Judy Babich I will remember my whole life. They are extremely warm, talented and engaging people and I whenever I think of them I smile.

  And because I would not be a true Australian without adding one from my homeland

From Adelaide Hills, straight to my fridge. I may have (over the years) paid the wage and superannuation of at least one employee with my purchases of Shaw and Smith.








And because never a birthday goes by without Veuve!

1 comment:

I enjoy hearing from everyone. Thank you so much!