Sunday, September 16, 2012

Retrolicious Pineapple Upside Down Cake

There has been a huge response on my facebook about this cake. So I thought it was time to pen this for history to always reference.

Here goes everyone.

 

Pineapple Upside Down Cake


This recipe comes from the Webber Cookbook. Dead set! Webber! I had to adapt it for the real oven because the first 20 times or more I have made it as a treat after a lamb roast in the late 1990s. I still make it in a disposable oven tray (Glad BBQ tray 29cm x 19cm x 5cm) because its easy and no clean up required.

Topping
125g butter
1 cup brown sugar
440g tin of pineapple thins drained or fresh pineapple slices
Red glace cherries

Cake
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup caster sugar
125g butter
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Combine butter and brown sugar and spread over oven dish.
  • Place pineapple and cherries over sugar arranging like in my photo.
  • Put all cake ingredients in mixmaster and beat until creamy.
  • Pour over the buttery sugar mixture.
  • Bake in oven (180 degrees) for 25-35 mins. Just check with a cake tested to ensure cake is cooked.
  • When cooked leave 5 mins to cool before turning out only a platter and serve with cream and strawberries. It is also great cold the next day in school lunches

ENJOY xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from everyone. Thank you so much!