Monday, October 12, 2009

~ Digella's Book Club ~

I have been away a little while. There was an unexpected death in the family and has taken a little while for the dust to settle. I am back now and hopefully with some inspiration for exciting blog entries.

Today I wish to share with you a list of favourite books.

There are coffee table books, design books, cook books, quirky books, how-to-be-happy books.

Today is the 'reading' books. Some are fiction and some non fiction.  They are the kind you could learn something from.

My favourite books of this style are hard cover. No more than 300 pages. And they have to grab me in the first three pages otherwise I'm out.  I never really got into many of Oprah's Books in her book club. They all sounded great, but maybe were a little too deep for me. One book I did not like was The House of Sand and Fog. It was creepy!

I have just started Mitch Albom's new book. Not sure where it fits in my favorite books of all time as I am yet to finish it! And the others here make up my top five.

Have a Little Faith

Have a Little Faith is a book about a life’s purpose; about losing belief and finding it again; about the divine spark inside us all. It is one man’s journey, but it is everyone’s story.


The Five People You Meet in Heaven (link)

My number 1 book of all time is another of Mitch Albom's books.  This book has sold over 11 million copies throughout the world and is the is the bestselling hardcover first-time novel ever! WOW!


“All ending are beginnings. We just don't know it at the time..."
Tuesdays With Morrie (link)
 
 

  For One More Day (link)


"Every family is a ghost story..."
The Naked Husband

The Shack (link) 


1 comment:

  1. Wow what a great book list. I haven't been reading at all lately. Need to get back with it. Now I know where to look for ideas;) I couldn't get into the Shack at all. I just didn't get it.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from everyone. Thank you so much!