Monday, April 11, 2011

House Guests in a Martha & Nigella Combo

I get text messages and emails about getting back to blogging. Yes, I know, I've been bad. So I have a little something to blog about and here it is

I love house guests.
 
Not that I have the time or the energy to really get into it all at the moment, but I always love it.

My guest lists for guests includes
  • Fluffy white towels (washed in warm water, vinegar in rinse cycle in lieu of softener, dried in the sun, with a soft burst in the dryer - try it, it works!)
  • The cute soaps,
  • The little glass water bottles for the bedside tables,
  • The sweet reading books also for the bedside table,
  • Some interesting magazines (I will have Country Style and Vanity Fair this time),
  • Little slippers,
  • Homemade cakes, or treats on the kitchen table for afternoon tea,
  • Handcream and a few little bottles of perfume if they are girls,
  • The fridge stocked with lots of good produce for impromptu cookups (which for me has been lacking in recent months, ironically the baking has been lacking too),
  • The whole house is dust free and little signs of comfort are out, like candles and throw rugs and magazines. I like my house to feel cosy, lived in, but kind of bed and breakfast style. 24 hours a day would be great!
I am so looking forward to the weekend and lugging pots of late night food Nigella style.
  
It's a love. Totally.



P.S. I also went to another Supper Club like THIS one. I will blog soon.

4 comments:

  1. If only, if only I was ever that organised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really treat your guests right! Enjoy the fabulous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, you shouldn't have gone to so much trouble, what time would you like me :-)
    sounds a lot more appealing than packing, I'm choking on dust at this end.
    You will be first on my list of invites and will expect one of your lovely treats :-) Let's hope we have some front stairs for you to walk up by that time. At least I have my Kitchenaid!!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle,

    Just to let you know I've listed your blog in a post on I ♥ BNE Food Bloggers:
    http://gustoso.wordpress.com/2011/04/23/i-%E2%99%A5-bne-food-bloggers/

    Please let me know if you want any changes.

    Enjoy,
    Gustoso

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from everyone. Thank you so much!