Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Through the Glass ~ Gastronauts Supper Club October

Digella has been bad. I have been wanting to write this post for over a week, but had trouble with what I wanted to say. It was sooooo good and I just didn't want to do the night a disservice by throwing a few photos on here and some sloppy words to get it over and done with.

Alas, it is still not going to be wordy. I just want it to be a true reflection of the superb food and hospitality.

It was PHUCKING AWESOME.

Mint Tea - A Moroccan custom. A non alcoholic aperitif of sorts.
With some olives in home made harissa.

The tasting plate was DIVINE! Marinated lamb in a yoghurt dressing, grilled mushrooms and the most amazing salad of radish and orange. Refreshing and simple. We commented that we could even eat a whole plate of that!

Some Moroccan wine acquired by Mr Food Bling.

Sorry for the quality, I had a few wines.
This is the Spiced lentils with pumpkin.
Chicken tagine with preserved lemon and olives.
Meatball tagine
All served with steamed couscous.


The meatball tagine with poached egg

Almond cream pudding -was deliziosa!

That's it. And I cant wait to do it again. I am considering a Croatian Themed evening. I might need to drag over the EMIL (ex mother in law) for some lessons.

Read about my other supper club post HERE

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh I am super jealous Digella!! The food looks amazing. How are you? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Digella,
    Can I email you privately? Can't seem to do it through the blog ... I am technology challenged at times.
    Littlemissairgap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks amazing, what do we have to do to get an invite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea! That all looks amazing and authentic. Nom nom nom!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from everyone. Thank you so much!