This came out of the lastest Belle and I am looking forward to trying it out this weekend.
Organic Chicken Waldorf Salad
2 tbsp currants
125ml (1/2 cup) strong hot black tea
2 x 200g poached organic chicken breasts, roughly shredded (recipe below)
1 pink lady apple, cored, cut into thin batons
2 large celery sticks, thinly sliced
1 witlof, base trimmed, thinly sliced
1 redlof (red witlof) based trimmed, thinly sliced
60mls (1/4 cup) whole egg mayonnaise
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp walnuts, lightly toasted, chopped
Mixed baby salad with some parsley to garnish
1. Place currants in small heatproof bowl, pour over hot tea and set aside to soak until currants are plump, then drain and reserve.
2. Place shredded chicken, apple, celery, witlof and redlof in a bowl. Combine the mayo and seeded mustard, add to salad and toss well to coast. Season to taste.
3. Divide between 6 serving plates, scatter over some walnuts and reserved currants and garnish with leaves.
Poached Organic Chicken
1. 1 tbsp black peppercorns
1 onion, halved
2 tsp salt
2 x 200g organic chicken breast fillets
1. Place the peppercorns, onion and salt into a large saucepan with 1.25L (5 cups) cold water and bring to the boil.
2. Add chicken breasts, return to a simmer, then cover firmly with a lid and remove from heat. Set aside to continue poaching off the heat for 30 mins.
Mamma of four and lover of one. I threw in my CBD based career to become a full time mamma, traveller, amateur food critic, daily dinner creator, professional bed maker, cubby house builder while budgeting my heart out to make it happen. I have got carry-on plane travel down to a fine art but kid wrangling for me is like herding cats.I’m a prolific scarf wearer and like to do these things while exploring Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.