Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Everyday Cook's Slow Roasted Moroccan Lamb

This is Everyday Cook's Slow Roasted Moroccan Lamb
(Pic from her blog)


I adore people who can cook better than me. One time I would have been jealous, now I love the fact that they can teach me even more and surprisingly sometimes I actually teach them!

One of my favorite cooks is my friend Jacquie or Everyday Cook as she is known in Social Media circles. She is one of a kind. She can cook and she can bake. And bake she does!

You can follow her on
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
INSTAGRAM (everydaycook)
BLOG

I have made quite a few things from her blog over time, and last night I attempted her Slow Roasted Moroccan Lamb.

Now Jacquie is not your ordinary women, she has lived in Paris! And while there she enjoyed many a Moroccan meal. Who knew France was more about bread, cheese and croissants?

So, back on task, my friend Bec and I both tried this new recipe last night and we have both put it on the MUST MAKE AGAIN list. We also both cooked ours in our oval Aldi knock off Le Creuset with lid on. PERFECT!

Your to do list.

1.   Add these item's to the shopping list (which sound so good!):

1 large leg of lamb
a little olive oil
4 brown onions, peeled and sliced
1 bunch of coriander
1 teaspoon of chilli
50 g ground cumin
3 pieces of preserved lemons cut into slices
small piece of grated ginger
1 teaspoon of tumeric
2 pinches of saffron
2 cinnamon sticks
1/4 cup of honey
5 garlic cloves diced
250 ml of white wine
1 litre of chicken stock
{I had mine with sweet potato mash}
1 kg sweet potato

2. Go to Everday Cook's blog HERE to follow the steps.

3. Enjoy a most delicious slow cooked meal!

Mine on the left and Bec's on the right.
I served mine with cinnamon sweet potato mash in the thermomix and a green salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from everyone. Thank you so much!